Friday, July 13, 2012

Cam Newton Is A Steaming Pile of Moose Shit!!!

So I read this article about how Cam Newton charges people to autograph footballs and photos and shit like that, and that basically everybody has their panties in a wad about it because he's so super rich already and whythefuck does he have to charge people for his autograph and what an arrogant son of a bitch and so on...

Really?  You think a pro athlete owes you an autograph?  So you can turn around and sell that jersey or photo?  Why should he have to stand around for a half hour or whatever after practice to produce products for free for the sports memorabilia industry?  I don't feel sorry for millionaires but I do think they should be able to live their lives in peace just like anyone else, and if other people are making money off their fame or celebrity then they have every right to take a piece of the action.

I will say this...if some 10 year old kid comes up to Cam with a piece of paper and a pen and Cam says "that'll be $150", that's pretty shitty.  As long as he confines it to collectables and shit like that, then I have no problem with it.  I remember reading a long time ago about some baseball player...I want to say Willie Stargell but I don't fucking remember and it would be wrong to put Willie out like that without having my facts straight...but Willie Stargell would ask for $10 from anybody who mailed him a baseball card to sign, with the proceeds going to charity.  Willie (I honestly have no idea if it was Willie Stargell, it was just the first 70's baseball player I could think of) said he did it mostly just to try to cut down on all the cards he got in the mail, and do something nice for charity.  Well anyway, everybody was all pissed at Willie for this too.

So anyway Cam Newton is a scumbag for all this apparently...why I have no idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment